1. We passed up to £50 for international food night (there'll be curry, proceeds will go to charity) expecting to spend around £40.
2. We passed up to £25 to get some more PS4 controller charger cable things and some batteries for the TV remote.
3. People got reminded to prepare their handover packs and to encourage people to run for their positions, and encouraged to attend husts.
4. We discussed how we could improve attitudes towards people responsible for bops.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
1. Sophie is going to be setting up a Balliol postsecret (postsecret is a blog where people send in their secrets written on postcards); ask her more about this!
2. We discussed when we should have our emergency JCR tea; it'll be happening around eight between screenings of Roahl Dahl films.
3. The Committee passed up to £50 from the Scrawl budget for cocktails to be bought as prizes for what will be a literary quiz type competition thing (have Google at the ready).
Any questions, let me know. Do try to feel well today <3
1. We discussed showing the US election in the JCR; it'll be being shown in the JCR. Remains to be seen whether there will be exciting Pantry night/ bar night.
2. The Committee were reminded to submit descriptions to promote their offices to Cealach by the end of the day so we can try to convince you all to run for things.
It was a short one, but if you've any questions, do ask.
1. We discussed moving Committee lunches to the JCR to increase openness, and we're going to trial this next week.
2. We passed £50 to top up the Womens' Officer budget, with that budget having been spent into heavily printing out consent workshop materials.
3. Jowett will be getting it's own tampon moutnain in the laundry room.
4. There was a general notice for people to approach sexist comments in a useful and productive way, noting that there's a lot of new people encountering a lot of new ideas.
1. We passed £20 to be used by the STEM sisters Committee for activities (such as STEM sister teas and cinema visits and whatnot).
2. We passed up to £50 to get new table tennis bats (on the understanding that this is a significant overestimate of the cost).
3. We decided to start keeping the PS4 in the JCR Office as a result of the safe being broken - a key for the JCR Office can be gotten from the lodge or from one of the key-holding JCR officers (I'm almost always happy to help) - and we'll bring buying a more robust safe up at the next GM.
1. Darryl was reimbursed £11 for batteries he bought for the TV remotes.
2. Library Committee has decided that more diverse art will be being displayed in the Library (this is to be decided in the future), and also that we can now drink coffee in keep-cups in the library; we might be buying some Balliol keep-cups, watch this space.
3. We passed up to £25 for a clock that will be decoration at the bop; this clock may be going up permanently, but we'll likely discuss this at a GM in the future.
In total passed up to £165.
1. Frances was co-opted onto PESC.
2. We decided that the maintenance/replacing was part of normal expenditure for the Housing Officer, and hence Richard will be purchasing foam bed things to replace the popped airbeds.
3. Up to £50 was passed to purchase board games.
4. Daisy Cutts volunteered to organise the end-of-term campaigns for BHS and the Community Emergency Foodbank.
5. We passed up to £25 for a gift and a birthday card for Denise.
1. Annie reminded the Committee to attend the termly lunch that we enjoy courtesy of the Dean where we'll get to meet the new Junior Dean and Jowett Wardens.
2. The Committee interpreted the amendment to Duncan's last motion mandating EM to sign the open letter with regards to whether it mandated the Ethnic Minorities Office to sign (in which case the signature from one officer was sufficient) or whether it mandated each officer; the Committee interpreted the amendment as applying to the Office, so that one signature was sufficient.
UPDATE: it should be fixed!!!
feel free to message me on facebook or email me @ email@example.com if anything isn't working :)
If you have been unable to login, please try creating an account again and see if that helps.
1. Committee had a discussion of the college's disability policy, which has been updated on this website - also you can ask Marianne and Juliet who are now experts.
2. We passed £5.00 for 150 fridge stickers. (Which we've been reliably informed won't leave a sticker residue on the fridges).
3. The potential Codebar Workshop has morphed into pizza and computers run by members of the JCR, watch out for that next week!
4. £20 passed for Mortal Kombat to be replaced.
- £12.50 for Chalk for gym
- £15 for an E and E film night, Wally, or a documentary, or BOTH!
- £50 for the coninually exciting disposable camera project, 39 people interested so far email Nicky for details!
- Up to £40 passed for oven gloves on mainsite, which is very exciting fro anyone who noticed we have kitchens on mainsite.
- £25 passed for a Birthday Present for Maureen.
- £35 passed for welfare slime craft event - what is this? Who knows!? Ask Marianne!
1. £10 passed for a weighing scale for luggage, international students everywhere rejoice
2. Plans were put in motion for disposable cameras to improve the picture store, everyone can have one and the picture fund will pay for developement. Should be a laugh.
3. The disabilities officers are cooking up a comprehensive summary of how medical leave works - should be with everyone soon.
4. Freddy announced his working group to renovate the JCR - email him if you want to join!
- Changed: Laundry Booking
- shows @Balliol-Laundry
- groups days together so it's cleaner
- only shows slots that start after ~2 hours ago (the current people using the washer)
- Added: Unbanning page for when the site bans your ip
- Added: Speaker booking page
- Added: Airbed booking page
From a while ago:
- Added: new charities voting page