2015 Committee LunchDate: Wednesday 2nd week, Hilary 2015 (2015-01-28)
Present: Duncan Shepherd (President), Aisha Simon (Vice-President (Administrative)), Richard May (Secretary), John Clark-Maxwell (Treasurer), Richard Ware (Lindsay), Amy Ford (Dr. WHO), Gaetano Iannetta (Foody), Michael Wrathall (Foody), Ryan Diamond (Academic Affairs and Careers Officer), Jess Poole (Academic Affairs and Careers Officer), Alice Farrell (Access and Admissions Officer), Emily Barradell (Affiliations Officer), James Kavanagh (Affiliations Officer), Florence Hardy (Design & Maintenance Officer), Jack Wheatley (Design & Maintenance Officer), Matthew Lynch (Entz Officer), Daisy Pearson (Environment & Ethics Officer), Calum Jacobs (Environment & Ethics Officer), Colm Britchfield (John de Balliol), Anne Williamson (Ethnic Minorities Officer), Cameron Kigonya (Ethnic Minorities Officer), Alex McKenzie (Website & Computing Officer), Kathryn Pritchard (Women's Officer), Charlotte Suttle (Women's Officer)
Absent with apologies: Xavier Greenwood (Access and Admissions Officer), Emily Webb (Charities and RAG Officer), George Badger (Charities and RAG Officer), Daisy Porter (Student Disabilities Officer), Molly Rogers (Student Disabilities Officer), Benjamin Atueyi (Entz Officer), Indigo Wilde (LGBTQ Officer), Samuel Gibb (LGBTQ Officer)
Absent without explanation: Thomas Posa (Dr. WHO), Oliver Johnson-Munday (John de Balliol)
- MCR Meet-Up [Emily Barradell]
- Rent Discussions [Duncan Shepherd]
We signed a card for Maureen, who has been working for the JCR for 30 years.
- The MCR Committee has expressed interest in a joint formal hall with the JCR Committee. People expressed concern at the price of formall hall. John suggested we hold drinks in the SCR afterwards; Duncan clarified that this was unlikely to happen, and that a meet-up at Holywell was unlikely to happen due to previous incidents involving JCR members. It was concluded that we should have a drinks event instead, probably in the Massey Room.
- We discussed the upcoming rent discussions with College.
- D&M said that last year's Entz officers had asked if the wheels could be taken off the bopset table for safety reasons. It was agreed that this was a good idea.
- The upcoming co-options for Maestro Music and DSO were briefly discussed.
- The Facebook page issues discussed last week were briefly discussed.
- It was decided that a Committee facebook page should be created.